[mythtv-users] How does on stop the backend with systemd ?

Richard Shaw hobbes1069 at gmail.com
Sat Oct 8 02:45:47 UTC 2011

On Fri, Oct 7, 2011 at 9:37 PM, Nick F <nikos.f at gmail.com> wrote:
> On my F14 setup I use : sudo service mythbackend stop (/start/restart)
> - assuming backend has been set up as a service in your setup.

As of Fedora 15 systemd is used instead of sysv. Any attempts to use
chkconfig and service are redirected to the systemd equivalent. I
think in the end it will be a good thing but right now we're in the
transition stage and things can get a little screwy. Hopefully Jarod
(who maintains the RPM Fusion version of MythTV) will provide a native
systemd unit file for Fedora 16 which may alleviate the problem.

Richard