[mythtv-users] School me on playing vids in myth

Raymond Wagner raymond at wagnerrp.com
Fri Oct 7 22:53:15 UTC 2011

On 10/7/2011 18:32, linux guy wrote:
> On Fri, Oct 7, 2011 at 4:27 PM, Raymond Wagner <raymond at wagnerrp.com
> <mailto:raymond at wagnerrp.com>> wrote:
>
>     On 10/7/2011 18:10, linux guy wrote:
>     > I don't see any functions for scanning.   Do I need to ?   How
>     do I do
>     > it ?
>
>     The MythVideo page tells you to hit the 'menu' key, typically 'm' by
>     default.
>

> Works like a charm.
>
>     http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/MythVideo#Scanning_for_Videos
>

> I've read that line 20x today... how was I suspposed to know that m is
> for MENU ?

 From the opposite direction, how is the wiki supposed to know you
haven't changed your key mapping?  You can see the current key mappings
in the frontend setup menu, or you can find the default mappings at:

http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/Keybindings

> Furthermore, how do I bring up the MENU with my remote ?  The remote
> has to have a Menu key ?

That depends entirely on however your lircrc is configured.  You could
map the menu command to the power button on your remote if you so desired.