[mythtv-users] Hauppauge PVR250 remote -- Some success...but repeat issue now

James MacKenzie mst3000 at newsguy.com
Fri Oct 7 16:14:43 UTC 2011

At Thu,  6 Oct 2011 09:12:09 -0400 (EDT), you wrote
>At Wed,  5 Oct 2011 19:22:42 -0400 (EDT), you wrote
>>On 10/03/2011 09:18 PM, James MacKenzie wrote:
>>>I'm running the latest available kernel for Fedora 15, 2.6.40-4.  I have the
>>>old gray front/black back remote that does not have separate menu direction
>>> buttons (the chan+/chan-/vol+/vol- double as the direction buttons).
>>
>>This is what I do (I have the same remote with PVR-350 which should be
>>the same setup):
>>
>>http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/users/476205#476205
>
>Awesome!  Thanks, I'll give that a shot!

I got it working after a little fiddling around.  The codes my remote were
sending were a little different, and I mapped the buttons to the MythTV
keyboard keys that did what I wanted.  So that's all working fine.

One little issue I had was that sometimes one button press spawns multiple
events...especially on my Harmony 1100.  I can get away with using the
original Hauppauge remote, that's not a problem, but even that sometimes does
multiple events for one quick button press.  I've tried messing with the
ir-keytable period value but no matter what I change it to, it doesn't seem to
make any difference.  I think that's one way that LIRC is better than
ir-kbd-i2c, in that you can specify a 'repeat' value to ignore.

Any ideas?

Thanks again for the help.

I haven't had a chance to try the schedule database fix yet...Saturday I'm not
recording anything so will try then.

----