[mythtv-users] Hauppauge PVR250 remote

James MacKenzie mst3000 at newsguy.com
Thu Oct 6 13:07:42 UTC 2011

At Wed,  5 Oct 2011 11:31:44 -0400 (EDT), you wrote
>On 10/05/2011 10:29 AM, Rick wrote:
>Can't help with the lirc issue so that info has been deleted from this reply
>> (The mythfilldatabase issue is that the HD light goes solid and it
>> just sits
>>>>there after downloading the first days worth from Schedules Direct.  I had
>>>> been running Myth on the latest 24.1-fixes branch, but what got loaded in
>>>> Fedora was straight 24.1...I'm thinking this might be the issue due to a
>>>> database version update?  Could anyone shed some light on this?)
>>>> Hopefully I've explained my issues clearly enough...any other questions
>>>> concerning this to help I will gladly provide.
>>>> Thanks,
>>>> Jim MacKenzie
>> Don't know about the remote problem but under F15 mythfilldatabase runs 
>> at a snails pace and usually times out before finishing.  It was taking 
>> 40 minutes or longer for me.  I switched to SL61 and now MFD takes 2 to 
>> 3 minutes again.  Installing sl61 is a little tougher because of dep 
>> issues etc.  go to the wiki under distribution specific installs and 
>> follow the Fedora guide for the most part but also
>> http://www.witchspace.net/witchspace/page/computer/rhel6-family-server 
>> and read the part about mythtv.  To remove qt-x11 use rpm -e --nodeps 
>> qt-x11  then yum install qt47 qt47-x11 qt47-webkit qt47-mysql.   yum 
>> install mythtv.  Seems to me there is a problem between perl-XML-SAX 
>> 1.04 and 0.96 or something like that.  Install the 
>> perl-XML-SAX......0.96 or whatever it is called and then mythtv should 
>> install fine.  That's how I remember it so if you have troubles I know 
>> there are quite a few using sl61 and you should be able to get an answer.
>> cheers,
>> rick
>> _______________________________________________
>> mythtv-users mailing list
>> mythtv-users at mythtv.org
>> http://www.mythtv.org/mailman/listinfo/mythtv-users
>Thanks go to Mike Dean for these pointers which led to disabling
>barrier. It helped clear up my issues with the MFD running for 5 hours
>thrashing on the disk.
>However, make sure to make the proper edits to fstab. For example, replace
>defaults with the options but don't put in the parens or you'll be needing to
>boot up a DVD in rescue mode to recover.
>I replaced defaults with rw,errors=remount-ro,barrier=0 on the / directory and
>it seems to be running normally now. You also might want to investigate and
>take precautions accordingly on your system for disabling barrier.
>mythtv-users mailing list
>mythtv-users at mythtv.org

That seems to make some sense...I'm using ext4 for the first time here...I'll
look into that.  Seems a lot easier than reinstalling Linux again.  Was going
to try this last night but was recording a bunch of stuff.  Will try this

Thanks again!


More information about the mythtv-users mailing list