[mythtv-users] Few seconds missing in recordings (progress with analog overlapping?)

David Watkins watkinshome at gmail.com
Thu Oct 6 07:59:22 UTC 2011

> any tips you can give as to what's the best I can try to get with a
> single analog tuner?...and any clues as to even a basic overlap
> recording mechanism is on the drawing board?

If either of the overlapping programs is repeated at a later time then
you would do better by setting a 'hard' overlap.

This would cause one of the programs to not record at the time, but
MythTV would record the repeat.

If both programmes are repeated then you could set different
priorities on the two recording rules to influence which programme
records first.

This is not a solution though  The solution is to have enough capture cards.