[mythtv-users] Live TV being hammered by channel change commands

Wayne Thomas waynethomas69 at gmail.com
Thu Oct 6 00:47:54 UTC 2011

> 1st I'd suggest doing what Gavin asked with the GUI

I should have mentioned I checked this while I was deleting and re-creating
cards, sources, and channels.  All was as it should have been.

> 2nd, if the above doesn't help ,add 'name,channum,' to the previous
> query for yet another hint about the offending channel, as in:
>
>   SELECT name,channum,networkid,transportid,serviceid
>       FROM channel, dtv_multiplex
>          WHERE chanid = 3035 AND
>              channel.mplexid = dtv_multiplex.mplexid
>
> It may be coincidence but I allocated the channel with chanid=3035 to the
same channel number as one of the BBC channels that had interactive TV (i.e.
BBC1 was previously allocated to channum 1, chanid 3035 subsequently
replaced it in this position; albeit with a different name).  I will play
around with similar queries tonight to see if there is more to it.

Thanks again, loving having LiveTV back, even if most of our watching is
done using recordings it is nice to have a surf now and again.
Wayne