[mythtv-users] EIT questions

Neil Cooper neilcoo at yahoo.co.uk
Tue Oct 4 20:25:48 UTC 2011

Hi all,

I have some questions about EIT. (I live in Phoenix, AZ and have Cox cable, I get my schedule info from Schedules Direct).

Does anyone know if Cox cable even braodcasts EIT?

What type of signal carries EIT? (analog, digital, or both)?

How many hours/days ahead does EIT information usually provide for?

Is EIT info as accurate/comprehensive/reliable as information from Schedules Direct?

What happens if I have already am using Schedules Direct data and also enable EIT on my tuners? Does mythtv somehow merge the data or does one source automatically have priority over the other?

Thanks,
Neil