[mythtv-users] EIT questions

Neil Cooper neilcoo at yahoo.co.uk
Tue Oct 4 20:25:48 UTC 2011

Hi all,

I have some questions about EIT. (I live in Phoenix, AZ and have Cox cable, I get my schedule info from Schedules Direct).

Does anyone know if Cox cable even braodcasts EIT?

What type of signal carries EIT? (analog, digital, or both)?

How many hours/days ahead does EIT information usually provide for?

Is EIT info as accurate/comprehensive/reliable as information from Schedules Direct?

What happens if I have already am using Schedules Direct data and also enable EIT on my tuners? Does mythtv somehow merge the data or does one source automatically have priority over the other?