[mythtv-users] Plugging second BE into same network, any concerns?

Bill Meek keemllib at gmail.com
Tue Oct 4 18:08:49 UTC 2011

On 10/04/2011 12:41 AM, David Whyte wrote:...
>   Is there anything I need to be aware of before I connect it to my
> network?  I don't want my BE to even know there was a second BE in the
> house...

Hi;

Take a look at:

   http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/users/470255?#470255

Of course the hostname and IP address of the 0.22 machine /will/ be
different than any other computer or device on your LAN. I think
when I tried this for the 1st time I shutdown my primary backend,
but I have both running as this is being written.

I also use static addresses for everything.

Bill