[mythtv-users] Knowing when a recording was previously recorded...

f-myth-users at media.mit.edu f-myth-users at media.mit.edu
Tue Oct 4 16:47:44 UTC 2011

    > Date: Tue, 04 Oct 2011 09:31:57 -0500
    > From: David Engel <david at istwok.net>

    > On Tue, Oct 04, 2011 at 07:37:56PM +1100, Jean-Yves Avenard wrote:
    > > On 4 October 2011 19:35, Jean-Yves Avenard <jyavenard at gmail.com> wrote:
    > > > That still doesn't show me when a particular recording was previously recorded.
    > >
    > > Strike that.. Pressing info twice does show the "last recorded" value.
    > > But it's puzzling
    > >
    > > I'm on a recordings of September 24th, and it tells me that the last
    > > recorded was October 3rd. Which also didn't record on that day

    > I believe that particular information relates to the recording rule
    > itself and is used to generate the Watch List.  That code hasn't
    > received any real attention in years, so it's quite possible some bugs
    > have crept in there.

Another possibility is that you got refreshed listings data that had
the later showing, but only sometime in the day -after- the actual
showing, so Myth only knew about it too late.  I've had that happen
once or twice.

Debugging this sort of thing is why I keep the incoming scheduling
data essentially forever, outside of Myth's DB, so I can go back with
a text editor and see exactly what Myth knew and when it knew it.