[mythtv-users] Live TV being hammered by channel change commands

Wayne Thomas waynethomas69 at gmail.com
Mon Oct 3 08:24:06 UTC 2011

> Well, it sure appears to me that the network control port is the
> source of it. Are you sure you've disable the correct setting?

Absolutely, checked, double checked, and even tried changing the port number
to be triple certain.  Even with it definitely off it still says:

2011-10-03 21:12:21.139 TV: ProcessNetworkControlCommand(NETWORK_CONTROL
CHANID 3035) ignoreKeys: 0

...every couple of seconds (with an associated channel change, always to the
same channel).  I do have a CommandIR attached which is not used, I killed
all lirc daemons and it still occurred.  There is no keyboard other than my
RF remote (which appears as a keyboard) but there are no stuck keys.  I also
unplugged my RF receiver and nothing changed.  This is all very strange
since the control mechanisms in both instances have been disabled (lirc and
NCP), unless the inputs have been buffered and are just waiting in a 3 day
long cue even after I intervene.
Any random thoughts to continue my fault finding?

Cheers
Wayne