[mythtv-users] importing recordings to restored database

Glen glen.hawksworth at bigpond.com
Sun Oct 2 01:55:45 UTC 2011

On Sat, 2011-10-01 at 09:47 +1000, Glen wrote:
> Hi All,
> Yesterday the special "Enterprise" HDD that I bought for the OS on my
> Server crapped out after only a few months.
>
> I have reinstalled the system on a new one but the most recent database
> backup was from last Saturday. Consequently I now have almost a week of
> recordings that the database doesn't know about.
>
> Is there a way to import these recordings into the database? I found a
> reference to “myth.rebuilddatabase.pl” which would seem to help me but
> after checking the mythtv wiki pages it would seem current versions no
> longer support it.
>
> What is my best course of action?
> Thank you for your time,
> Glen

I would be happy enough if someone could simply tell me "it cannot be
done". If I knew that I'd just cut my losses and transfer the "orphaned"
video files into mythvideo.
If I am to go down this path I figured simply to sort the recorded data
by date and cut the files created during the down time. Is there a
better way to clean up video files not in the database??