[mythtv-users] Repeated attempts to tune after successful lock

Daniel Osborne myth at danielosborne.net
Sat Oct 1 09:26:09 UTC 2011

On Sat, Oct 1, 2011 at 1:31 AM, Doug Scoular <dscoular at cisco.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>     Been having a problem for a while now with my mythbuntu combined
> backend/frontend:
> MythTV Version   : v0.24.1-85-ge16613a
> MythTV Branch    : fixes/0.24
> Network Protocol : 63
> Library API      : 0.24.20110505-1
> QT Version       : 4.7.2
>     In live tv, quite frequently, the frontend tunes to a channel and
> gets a picture without issue but then a couple of seconds later I'll get
> the tuning dialog trying to tune again to the already tuned channel.
> Then the "you should have got a signal by now..." dialog pops up under
> the tuning dialog and the tuning dialog will eventually tune and
> disappear. This may seemingly pointless tuning may repeat a couple or
> more times.
>     I'm wondering if my constant upgrading of the mythtv database from
> ~0.12 over the years has led to this problem.
>     I'm beginning to wonder if I should do a clean install after
> exporting my recordings and then import them or if there is some other
> better approach.
>     Has anyone seen a similar issue ?
>     Any thoughts hugely appreciated.
>     Cheers,
>     Doug
> _______________________________________________
> mythtv-users mailing list
> mythtv-users at mythtv.org
> http://www.mythtv.org/mailman/listinfo/mythtv-users

What a coincidence. My wife just noticed the same thing today (at least
mentioned it to me today).
I had the backend logging turned up to try to catch the 0B recording issue
(haven't seen it since I did that though), but after the upgrade it slowed
the machine down too much. Once I went back to informative, the locking
issues went away.

After I upgraded to 0.24.1 today, I noticed it took a second or two longer
to tune than previously (used to go to TLAM almost instantly, after the
upgrade it went to TL__, then TLa_, then TLAM over the span of about 2

Reducing the logging fixed that. For reference, I was logging
"important,record,file,network,commflag" before. Now just "important."

Don't know if that's the same issue you're seeing or not though.

-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: http://www.mythtv.org/pipermail/mythtv-users/attachments/20111001/76eeea05/attachment.html 

More information about the mythtv-users mailing list