[mythtv-users] FYI: harmony 650 37.99 @ costco (instant 17 rebate)

Douglas Wagner douglasw0 at gmail.com
Tue Nov 29 21:28:46 UTC 2011

On Tue, Nov 29, 2011 at 2:24 PM, Kris B. <krisbee at krisbee.com> wrote:

> On Tuesday, November 29, 2011 12:11 PM, "Gabe Rubin"
> <gaberubin at gmail.com> wrote:
> > I am not sure if my devices have these codes.  If they do, Harmony
> > does not use the code.  If I hit the MythTV activity button from a
> > powered off stage (i.e., the remote believes all the devices are
> > powered off because the last button I hit was the power button turning
> > all the devices off), then the tv and receiver will turn on, unless
> > they are already on, in which case, they will turn off.  If I hit the
> > power button and harmony believes the devices are on, then it will
> > power each of them down, unless they are powered off, in which case,
> > they will turn on.  In other words, my Harmony remote sends the same
> > code to power on and power off devices.
>
> You might not - but you might... sometimes the default software picks
> the power toggle and not POWER ON, which are different.  This is why it
> took me 3 hours to get the Harmony programmed just right, and the fine
> control the windows software has over the web interface (which for the
> 300 barely lets you do anything)... Hopefully you do and you can just
> change the commands around and have something that is "smarter" than
> just a universal remote.
>
> --
>  Kris B.
>  krisbee at krisbee.com

FYI I wrote a VERY long howto on getting a Harmony remote hooked up and
working with MythTV which should still be out there in the Wiki.  I'm not
sure if the profile I recommend using is still there or not, if not I
probably need to update the document.

http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/Logitech_Harmony_Generic_Setup

--Douglas Wagner