[mythtv-users] OT: Motherboard dying, suggestions on a replacement?

Kingsley Turner krt at krt.com.au
Tue Nov 29 21:13:08 UTC 2011

On 29/11/11 21:18, Andrew Cranwell wrote:
> On 2011-11-29 15:22, Kingsley Turner wrote:
>> My 2008 core-2-duo with onboard m9300 GPU is starting to become flakey (not
>> seeing all RAM, even after I replaced the RAM, and swapped  memory slots).
> What sort of specs, requirements, budget? Guessing it's LGA 775 you need?
> Micro ATX&  Mini ITX are still very popular and available in a wide
> range of options.
> If you don't mind starting from scratch (or are happy to replace MB+CPU)
> have a look at
> http://whirlpool.net.au/wiki/rmp_sg_whirlpoolpcs_htpc

This board (linked from whirlpool) looks to fit the bill.

Although it wants DDR3, so I'm up for at least upgrading that.
Luckily I have a video card hanging around that would suit (a fanless GT220)

I don't know whether to upgrade the lot, or just motherboard + RAM.  I guess
this is a little cheaper.
Although with this new m'board I could replace that 1T boot drive with a 3T
... now that's a plan.