[mythtv-users] Multiple hostname changes on DB restore?

Andrew Cranwell andrew.cranwell at gmail.com
Tue Nov 29 09:51:54 UTC 2011

I'm currently importing the database from my old BE/FE and am at the
point of updating the hostname; however, at some point in the distant
past, I changed the hostname of the old backend without properly
updating the database (yes, everything broke and I won't do it again).

Is it "safe" to run `mythconverg_backup.pl --change-hostname` twice
(once with each old hostname)? I tried it and got errors about duplicate
values, so I'm hesitant to proceed with that unless told it's safe.

Or should I try fixing the damage on the old BE and re-export/re-import
the DB?