[mythtv-users] Upgraded to Fedora 16 and nvidia and xorg.conf don't work

Gabe Rubin gaberubin at gmail.com
Tue Nov 29 03:24:32 UTC 2011

On Mon, Nov 28, 2011 at 4:20 AM, The Walters <sbwalters0731 at gmail.com> wrote:
> I had to add this line to /etc/default/grub to get mine to work.
> GRUB_CMDLINE_LINUX_DEFAULT="quiet splash rdblacklist=nouveau
> gfxpayload=1024x768x24 vmalloc=256M"
>
> and then update grub
> grub2-mkconfig > /boot/grub2/grub.cfg
>> Sorry to bug the list.  I decided to try and re-seat the graphics card
>> as it I moved the mythbox a bit during the upgrade.  It appears that
>> did the trick.  Still having some other issues with the upgrade, but I
>> will put those in a different thread.

Very weird, when I added that line, did the command, and restarted, it
screwed with lirc.  It gave the buttons different fucntions and popped
up icons (volume, circle with slash) for some of the buttons and those
buttons would not perform their functions in myth.  When I would quit
myth, the buttons did thing in just gnome.