[mythtv-users] FYI: harmony 650 37.99 @ costco (instant 17 rebate)

Gabe Rubin gaberubin at gmail.com
Tue Nov 29 02:26:05 UTC 2011

On Mon, Nov 28, 2011 at 6:00 PM, Justin The Cynical
<cynical at penguinness.org> wrote:
> I picked one of these up the other day at my local Costco, figured that
> it was a good enough deal to pass along to the list.
>
> Now to figure out what profile MythTV/Mythbuntu (from the Logitech
> config page/tool) conforms to and configure the box to respond to it...

I use the MythTVKnoppMyth remote on the logitech tool for my Harmony 1
(used to have a Harmon 880 and used the same setup).  I am guessing
you can use that one.  I can post my lirc related files if you want.
I use devinput with a pvr-350 receiver, so if you are not using
devinput or have a different receiver, I am not sure how helpful those
config files will be for you.  I should probably just post them on the
wiki.

Don't know about the 650, but harmony remotes are pretty good (can't
say great because I had some issues with the 880, with the LCD screen
going bad and the charging contacts screwing up, I replaced it after a
couple years and then the new one busted within a month, but logitech
replaced that with a harmony one, which is a fantastic remote -- but
at that price, it better be!).