[mythtv-users] Ceton patch available for trunk

David Engel david at istwok.net
Mon Nov 28 20:50:19 UTC 2011

On Mon, Nov 28, 2011 at 03:27:49PM -0500, Raymond Wagner wrote:
> On 11/28/2011 13:57, Mitchell Gore wrote:
> > Thanks for the hard work.  As a user of MythTV it really boggles my
> > mind that your patches wont be officially supported until two releases
> > from now.  Just add the feature and if they mush mark it as "Experimental"
>
> I'm not sure what you're saying.  I don't intend this to be demeaning in
> any way towards Ron's work, but his patches were never intended as
> anything more than a stop gap.  If they do get merged into 0.25, it will
> be as a temporary solution to support that hardware until such time as
> the generic OCUR input is finished, which would support the InfiniTV,
> HDHomeRun Prime, DCR-2650, and any other future hardware conforming to
> that spec.

In addition, inclusion of Ron's patch in 0.25 as a temporary solution
was discussed by some of the developers.  There wasn't a patch for
0.25 at that time, so the discussion stopped after asking Ron to
update his patch.  Now that a patch for 0.25 is available, it can be
reviewed for possible inclusion.

David
--
David Engel