[mythtv-users] downloadRemoteFile(): DOWNLOAD_FILE returned ERROR!

Martin Kleinschmidt mk at theochem.uni-duesseldorf.de
Sat Nov 26 12:58:34 UTC 2011

On Sa, 26 Nov 2011, David Watkins wrote:

>On 26 November 2011 11:45, Martin Kleinschmidt
><mk at theochem.uni-duesseldorf.de> wrote:
>> Hi, when trying to download a theme with the theme chosser, I get
>> "downloadRemoteFile(): DOWNLOAD_FILE returned ERROR!".
>> >From my googling so far, I guess it is a permissions problem. But which
>> directory is it that I habe to change permissions?
>

>Mine are in /usr/local/share/mythtv/themes
>
>.. but I guess it might depend on how you installed mythtv ?

probably. I have /usr/share/mythtv/themes

But setting

chmod -R go+rwX  /usr/share/mythtv/themes

does not help. and setting

chmod -R go+rwX  /usr/share/mythtv/

does not help either.

My setup is 0.24.1_p20111030 on gentoo linux. Backend running as user
mythtv, frontend with  my user ID. So I have also tried

chmod -R go+rwX ~/.mythtv

as I do not know if I, or mythtv is the user downloading the theme.
but this again does not change anything. Directories ~/.mythtv/tmp and
~/.mythtv/themes exist.

So maybe some temp directory somewhere? /tmp and /var/tmp are world
writable. So I am a bit stuck now :-)

regards

Martin