[mythtv-users] Intermittent playback skips and log errors

steve networks1 at cox.net
Fri Nov 25 17:19:09 UTC 2011

I am having a problem playing back recorded (via HDPVR) shows.  There is
intermittent dropping out of audio and perhaps a brief skip in the video
then playback continues.  The log is filled with hundreds of entries like

2011-11-22 06:42:11.701 [h264 @ 0x35326f4f20]non-existing PPS referenced
2011-11-22 06:42:11.701 [h264 @ 0x35326f4f20]sps_id out of range
2011-11-22 06:42:11.701 [h264 @ 0x35326f4f20]non-existing SPS 32 referenced in b
uffering period
2011-11-22 06:42:11.701 [h264 @ 0x35326f4f20]non-existing PPS 0 referenced
2011-11-22 06:42:11.701 [h264 @ 0x35326f4f20]decode_slice_header error
2011-11-22 06:42:11.701 [h264 @ 0x35326f4f20]no frame!
2011-11-22 06:42:11.753 [h264 @ 0x35326f4f20]mmco: unref short failure

I researched this, and it seems to be related to VDPAU somehow, but I can't find any consistent recommendation for a fix.  I have the latest NVIDIA drivers installed.  Anyone have idea about how to address this?

Thanks...

Steve