[mythtv-users] Listed Recording Sizes Incorrect

John Pilkington J.Pilk at tesco.net
Fri Nov 25 17:05:59 UTC 2011

On 25/11/11 15:41, Jacob Strandlien wrote:
> Hello!
> Ever since I upgraded to 0.24, I've had a bit of a nasty problem.  When
> I flip through my recording list, the file sizes listed with newer
> recordings are much much higher then the files actually are.
> I've done some trial and error with this and discovered that the listed
> sizes are the original sizes of the files right after recording, and
> they aren't adjusted after transcoding occurs.
> Is there any way to fix this?  I would even be satisfied if someone out
> there knew a method of manually correcting the listed size of a
> recording; I could just throw that in a user job to run on new recordigs.
> Thanks!
> Jacob Strandlien
> Savvy Duck Computers
> http://www.savvyduckcomputers.com/

The mythcutprojectx script has this section which you may be able adapt.
  It clears the cutlist too, and it writes directly to the DB, which is
considered a Bad Thing.

John P

# tell mythDB about new filesize and clear myth cutlist
FILESIZE=`du -b "$1" | cut -f 1`
if [ "${FILESIZE}" -gt 1000000 ]; then
       echo "Running: update recorded set filesize=${FILESIZE} where
       echo "update recorded set filesize=${FILESIZE} where
basename=\"$1\";" | mysql -u mythtv -p$PASSWD mythconverg
       echo "Filesize has been reset"
       echo "Running: ionice -c3 mythcommflag -f "$1" --clearcutlist"
       ionice -c3 mythcommflag -f "$1" --clearcutlist
       echo "Cutlist has been cleared."