[mythtv-users] dd-wrt

Nick F nikos.f at gmail.com
Wed Nov 23 15:20:44 UTC 2011

On Tue, Nov 22, 2011 at 2:56 PM, Harry Devine <lifter89 at comcast.net> wrote:
> I have a Linksys WRT54G router, and the firmware on it doesn't support DHCP
> reservation by MAC, which I'd like to do to give my original HDHR and HDHR
> Prime static IP addresses.  I was reading up on dd-wrt and was wondering if
> anyone is running it.  Will I be able to do this with dd-wrt?  Was it hard
> to install/setup?
>
> Thanks,
> Harry

I use a WRT54G and DD-WRT.  I assign static addresses to all my myth
devices (backend, frontend, and HDHomeruns).

It was very easy to set up on the WRT54G.

I did try to upgrade to a Linksys 'n' router earlier this year, and
did manage to brick it while trying to put DD-WRT onto it.  So - it's
easy, but not idiot proof.