[mythtv-users] DLNA clients and MythTV

Daniel Osborne myth at danielosborne.net
Wed Nov 23 00:08:02 UTC 2011

On Tue, Nov 22, 2011 at 12:37 PM, Conor Klecker <conor at ronoc.net> wrote:

> Has anyone had much success with a brand of HDTV or media player playing
> your MythTv recordings without and additional transcoder or additional
> tinkering? I have had poor luck with the 360 as a client and great success
> with the PS3 (http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/users/494981)
>
> But even though my Blu-Ray player is Sony it doesn't play the recordings.
>
> So who has had luck with a great DLNA player? One built into your TV?

My TV doesn't have DLNA, but my bluray player does.

The LG BD650. I've gotten it to play SOME recordings. It seems to play all
but the 1080p. TBH, I didn't try too many, as that bluray is connected to
the same TV as the MythTV.

However I've heard good things about the WD Live Plus, I don't have any
experience with that one though.

Daniel