[mythtv-users] Ceton vs HDHomerunPrime?

Erik Jensen eriksjunk at laurelwoodart.com
Mon Nov 21 00:37:17 UTC 2011

On Sun, Nov 20, 2011 at 6:05 AM, Phil Bridges <gravityhammer at gmail.com> wrote:
> Is there any opinion out there on the Ceton card vs the HDHR Prime?
> Obviously, it's nice that the Prime can be installed without opening
> the server's case, but is one easier to get up and running than the
> other?

I went with the Ceton because it didn't require extra space, an extra
power adapter, and an extra network cable. The extra tuner also allows
MythTV to avoid back-to-back recordings on the same tuner more often,
allowing soft padding to take effect. (I find a lot of programs seem
to go at least a few seconds over, and some channels even overlap a
show's end credits with the start of the next one).