[mythtv-users] MML continued

Stefan D raptorjr08 at gmail.com
Sun Nov 20 19:13:41 UTC 2011

On Sun, Nov 20, 2011 at 7:45 PM, Robert McNamara
<robert.mcnamara at gmail.com>wrote:

> On Sun, Nov 20, 2011 at 10:30 AM, Stefan D <raptorjr08 at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> I'm continuing to investigate the problems i have with
>> mythmetadatalookup. Why? Because i think it is a great addon to Myth to
>> have fanart and such downloaded. It makes the frontend more "alive". But i
>> want it to be done automatically.
>>
>> So my next example is a recording of Grand Designs, with the episode name
>> as the subtitle. As i understand it, this is the way it should be for MML
>> to be able to find things automatically. After almost a week, i still
>> haven't got any fanart downloaded automatically. Shouldn't MML run every
>> night? Do i have to do something for it to run automatically?
>>
>> Anyway, when i edit the Recording options, and edit the medatadata. The
>> first things that happends is that the frontend automatically tries to find
>> the information, and it succeeds. Finds the inetref and season and episode
>> number. This is the output from the log:
>>
>> 2011-11-20 19:21:14.711610 I [9203/9650] MetadataDownload
>> metadatadownload.cpp:222 (runGrabber) - Running Grabber:
>> /usr/share/mythtv/metadata/Television/ttvdb.py -l sv -N Grand Designs
>> Newport: Folly
>> 2011-11-20 19:21:19.284188 I [9203/9650] MetadataDownload
>> metadatacommon.cpp:1068 (ParseMetadataItem) - Result Found, Season 9
>> Episode 3
>> 2011-11-20 19:21:19.284304 I [9203/9650] MetadataDownload
>> metadatadownload.cpp:144 (run) - Returning Metadata Results: Grand Designs
>> 0 0
>>
>> If the frontend found this, shouldn't MML be able to find and download it
>> also during the nightly run? Although, the last line confuses me a little.
>> It first seems that a match is found, but it is not returned?
>>

> Why don't you run what the backend runs nightly and find out?  Have you
> turned on the nightly artwork update for your Backend?  Meaning, run the FE
> on your BE and turn on the nightly artwork update?
>
> mythmetadatalookup --refresh-all-artwork
>
> The log line you are concerned about is the input data (which had a 0x0
> season/episode), not the output.
>
> Robert

I had it enabled in the "Default Job Queue Settings for New Scheduled
Recordings" but that wasn't enough.

I'm running the Arclight theme 25.11, but when i try to enter "Artwork and
data sources" in the Setup menu i get:
 CoreContext grabbersettings.cpp:51 (Create) - Theme is missing critical
theme elements.

Changed theme and now found the nightly MML setting. One problem solved =)

I have other problems too, but due to my bad English i shall make a
recording to show them to make it easier to understand.

Where would be a good place to upload the recording?

/Stefan