[mythtv-users] Acer Revo RL100 as combined backend / Frontend

Andy Summerskill andysummerskill at hotmail.com
Sun Nov 20 15:39:53 UTC 2011

I am currently using a 7 year old HP Media Centre PC as a combined backend / frontend running mythbuntu 11.04. This has a Pentium 4 processor that uses 84w.

I am thinking of replacing this with an Acer Revo RL100 (just based on the difference in the power consumption of the the two processors I will save over £80 per year in electricity, based on 24/7/52 operation). This has windows 7 pre-loaded, so would be looking at installing mythbuntu using wubi.

Just wondering whether anyone else has experience of this this PC as a combined FE / BE and whether you would recommend it?

Spec as below:

ProcessorAMD Athlon II Neo K325 Dual Core (K325, 1.3GHz, 1MB Cache )
								Operating SystemWindows 7 Home Premium Edition
								Hard Drive500GB
								Optical Drive3D Blu-Ray (3D Blu-Ray Ready HD Play back + DVD-RW & CD-RW)
								GraphicsIntegrated (NVIDIA ION)
								SoundHigh-Definition Headphone and Microphone Jacks, Optical S/PDIF port
								Network Card10/100/1000 Gigabit Fast Ethernet
								Wireless LAN802.11b/g Wi-Fi
								USB Ports3
								Card ReaderYes
								HDMI1x HDMI Port