[mythtv-users] [mythtv] New Build commercial detection speed

Doug Lytle support at drdos.info
Sat Nov 19 12:08:38 UTC 2011

Mitchell Gore wrote:
> That depends.  Are you talking about analog RTJPEG recordings? MPEG2?
>
>     MPEG4? H264?  Or are these digital MPEG2 recordings? or H264?  At what
>     bitrate?
>

> MPEG2 off OTA and QAM.

Just a note,

I got a chance this morning to do a test on my ESXi 5 install.  1 hour
program, 2 VCPUs and 1GB memory.  I consistently hit over 700FPS.  This
is under .23 fixes

The ESXi box is a Gigabyte GA-990FXA-UD3 with a AMD Phenom II X6 1100T.

Media info reports:

General
Complete name                    : /home/doug/Desktop/Falling Skies -
Eight Hours.mpg..mpg
Format                           : MPEG-PS
File size                        : 2.37 GiB
Duration                         : 1h 4mn
Overall bit rate                 : 5 222 Kbps

Video
ID                               : 224 (0xE0)
Format                           : MPEG Video
Format version                   : Version 2
Format profile                   : Main at Main
Format settings, BVOP            : Yes
Format settings, Matrix          : Default
Format_Settings_GOP              : M=3, N=15
Duration                         : 1h 4mn
Bit rate mode                    : Variable
Bit rate                         : 4 631 Kbps
Nominal bit rate                 : 6 000 Kbps
Width                            : 720 pixels
Height                           : 480 pixels
Display aspect ratio             : 4:3
Frame rate                       : 29.970 fps

Doug

--
Ben Franklin quote: