[mythtv-users] Question about channel changers

Harry Devine lifter89 at comcast.net
Thu Nov 17 20:42:34 UTC 2011

I've been using mythchanger for a while to change channels via firewire for my HDPVR.  I got a new cable box last week and it no longer works.  I tested 6200ch to see if would change channels on the new box and it does.  Do I have to go into the mythtv-setup and replace the mythchanger command to 6200?  Or remove it completely so Myth can change channels on its own?  The reason that I liked mythchanger was it had an option to power on the STB if it was off, which was handy.

Just curious.
Harry