[mythtv-users] is (clearqam) channel scanning idempotent (NO!)?

Brian J. Murrell brian at interlinx.bc.ca
Thu Nov 17 16:23:34 UTC 2011

On 11-09-09 12:52 PM, Eric Sharkey wrote:

> See here:

Oh, a pity, indeed.  I had hoped this was a generic/general [clear]qam
"inventorying" (i.e. just lists channels that there is signal on and
what signal -- audio audio&video, etc.) script but it seems it
quite/very specific to the HDHomeRun.  :-(

I just want to scan my clearqam cable daily and be notified of changes.
 Initially, at least, I'd just be happy to know what freq-subchannel
changes there are from day to day and I would investigate and update
myth myself manually.

Any pointers on where to start with tools/libraries to scan/tune qam
channels and get information about what's on them?

Cheers,
b.