[mythtv-users] Remote Transcoding

P. Laflamme twologic at gmail.com
Thu Nov 17 14:29:58 UTC 2011

> The only underlying support that I can think of that is missing is the
> ability to rename a remote file.  Since we transcode to a temp file then
> swap it into place.

Excuse my newby-ness, but why do we need to rename files during this
process? Here's how I thought the process works (probably hugely
over-simplified): the slave backend fetches the original file
(123.mpg) transcodes it to a new file locally (123-1.mpg) then sends
that to the master backend (as 123-1.mpg)?

I'd be happy to provide patches, but I'll need some guidance.

Thanks,
Philippe