[mythtv-users] How the BBC's HD DRM plot was kept secret .. and why

Simon Hobson linux at thehobsons.co.uk
Wed Nov 16 22:55:08 UTC 2011

Robert McNamara wrote:

>No, nothing has changed.  No MythTV developer has ever requested
>anyone take their question elsewhere when dealing with hardware
>CAM/CI solutions.

I was sure such a request had been made. You made me doubt my memory,
so I went to look - not to prove you wrong, but to see if my memory
is going (even more than normal !). I don't know who's-who, so the
people concerned may not be developers in which case your statement
would be correct - but people have certainly been told that
discussion of hardware CAMs is off topic. It could just be that
people being helpful have not appreciated the difference in attitude
to the different options.

--
Simon Hobson