[mythtv-users] MythmetadataLookup again

Stefan D raptorjr08 at gmail.com
Wed Nov 16 18:09:32 UTC 2011

On Wed, Nov 16, 2011 at 6:58 PM, Michael T. Dean <mtdean at thirdcontact.com>wrote:

> >> exactly which episode and season it is. And i couldn't understand why
> that
> >> information is not valid to find what episode and season the recording
> is,
> >> episode 11, season that started airing 2010. But what is logical to a
> human
> >> isn't the same thing to a computer or that is not information that
> thetvdb
> >> API supports.
> > There are multiple problems-- the field is subtitle, not "description of
> > what season and episode and year it is."
> In other words, the season and episode information belong in other
> fields--specifically the <episode-num> element--and the year of
> broadcast belongs in the "start" attribute of the <previously-shown>
> element.  See
> http://xmltv.cvs.sourceforge.net/viewvc/xmltv/xmltv/xmltv.dtd .
> If you're getting your data from EIT, and it really contains such broken
> data, you need to create an EIT fixup for your provider.  (Search here
> for more information on them/examples of previous commits with EIT fixups.)

Now, i'm using xmltv, tv.swedb.se. Maybe i should look at EIT data if that
looks better?

> >> (Hmm, would it be completely wrong to add "Del 11 av 23 säsong 2010", as
> >> the Swedish translation for the episode name? As it is now, there is no
> >> Swedish translation for any episode. Maybe i could check with thetvdb
> >> forum. Because then it would work, yes?)
> > Yes, it would work.  It would still be invalid data/not the correct data
> > for that field, but it would technically work.
> Though it might(?) break metadata lookup for anyone using Swedish with
> valid listings data (i.e. from some other source).
As it is now, no one independent of what data they use, can identify
specific episodes of House in Swedish since the episode name is empty in
thetvdb.org. If i understand everything right i cant break anything for
anyone else.