[mythtv-users] Fedora 16 for mythTV?

John Welch jrw3319 at gmail.com
Wed Nov 16 17:00:45 UTC 2011

On Wed, Nov 16, 2011 at 11:32 AM, Lawrence Rust <lvr at softsystem.co.uk>wrote:

> On Wed, 2011-11-16 at 09:07 -0700, Mark wrote:
> > Anyone made/going to make the jump to Fedora 16 on their mythtv system?
> > Looking for feedback/experiences on this if so.
>
> Be careful if you have a DVB-S2 card.  Fedora 16 ships with Linux 3.1.0
> which has some subtle changes in the way tuning parameters are handled.
> It can mean that you'll be unable to tune to QPSK modulated channels
> i.e. SD channels.
>
> I reported this bug here http://code.mythtv.org/trac/ticket/10153
>
> --
> Lawrence

I've upgraded two front-end systems from F15 to F16 over the last couple of
weeks.  Haven't really run into any major issues to speak of yet.  MythTV
and other related packages are from the ATrpms repo.  I did have some
stuttering when trying to play back an HD-PVR recording using one of the
VDPAU profiles last night, but I didn't really have time to troubleshoot.
 Fortunately the system is powerful enough that I was able to switch to the
"Normal" playback profile and things were fine.

Haven't touched my back-end system yet.  That is still running F14.  I've
been contemplating an upgrade, but still in the planning phase.

John