[mythtv-users] Android Tablet With HDHomeRun Prime?

Stephen Bridges widget at stdin.co.uk
Tue Nov 15 21:40:55 UTC 2011

On Tuesday 15 Nov 2011 12:42:31 Rod wrote:
>  On Mon, 14 Nov 2011 17:01:51 -0500, Brian Fischer
>  <brianafischer at gmail.com> wrote:
> > I was wondering if anyone here has been using an Android tablet with
> > MythTV HD recordings via uPnP?  I have an Air2PC for OTA or HDHomeRun
> > Prime for cable channels on Comcast.  I currently own a ViewSonic
> > gTablet running HoneyComb w/o hardware acceleration.  I am interested
> > in upgrading to the Asus Transformer or Motorola Xoom on the Black
> > Friday deals if my recordings will work via uPNP...
> >
> > Thanks for any advice!
> >
> > -Brian
>  Hi, I have the Asus Transformer, thought I have not tried using uPNP to
>  watch the movies, I have been using Mythweb on my PC, and saving the
>  movies from there, then transferring to the TF101.
>  As I'm working 4 days a week away from home, I'm later watching the
>  movies, and using "MX Video Player" whick will play the DVB/MPEG-TS (?)
>  recordings without problems and without transcoding :)

I used my Transformer to watch via UPnP for a bit.  VPlayer was the only video
player I found to play MPEG-TS, I don't think it liked the NuppelVideo
container at all.  I wrote a user job to encode to a pure mpeg4 video and
RockPlayer and UPnPlay managed, just about.

I haven't worked out what codecs the default UPNP program that comes with the
Transformer can play, but it can browse the lists available from the backend.