[mythtv-users] Duplicate episodes recording

Brian Long briandlong at gmail.com
Tue Nov 15 14:58:39 UTC 2011

I have a single recording rule which seems to be failing.  If I set "Don
Francisco Presenta" to record at any time on any channel, it records from
my HDHR and HDPVR at the same time.  Both episode titles, descriptions, EP
numbers, are the same.  I deleted the recording rule and put it back.  When
I look at upcoming recordings, it shows both.

Why would duplicate detection be failing?  I could hard-code the rule to
the 1140 channel (HD-PVR), but then if there is a conflict it won't fall
back to the HDHR.  I have other similar rules which work properly.  For
example (from mythbackend --printsched):

Title - Subtitle                    Ch Station Day Start  End   S C I  T N
Pri
Designed to Sell - From Catastroph  350 HGTV    15 11:30-12:00  3 1 1  d 1 0
Designed to Sell - From Catastroph 1350 HGTVD   15 11:30-12:00  3 0 0  d E 0

Thanks for any troubleshooting ideas.

/Brian/