[mythtv-users] MythTV Companion for iPad Update

Jean-Yves Avenard jyavenard at gmail.com
Tue Nov 15 13:28:55 UTC 2011

Hi

On Tuesday, 15 November 2011, Robert McNamara <robert.mcnamara at gmail.com>
wrote:

> I don't own any Android devices, so as of right now I don't have any
plans to-- basically I set out to write some example apps showing off the
new APIs, and then it developed into a Cocoa/Objective-C library for
accessing everything, on top of which I've written a UI.  So, the code
itself is highly XCode/Cocoa/Objective-C specific right now.  Porting to
Android would be a matter of owning Android hardware, rewriting the library
from scratch, and then trying to approximate the UI there (and probably
learning Java while I was at it).  Not insurmountable, I learned
Objective-C for this project too-- but not a one-weekend port either.

That what JNI is for...

I have to say I am very impressed by your video, it does look awesome.

I think browsing the video list would probably be easier if it was only
showing the series title and from there you see the list of episodes;
similar to how the native Videos application does it.

JY