[mythtv-users] finish current job and shutdown?

Dirk Aust dirk_aust at gmx.de
Mon Nov 14 20:36:49 UTC 2011

I have a small script that has been configured to be called when the backend want's to shut down, it
simply tests among other things whether a "mythtranscode" process is running and then denies the
shutdown. The backend tries again after it's normal timeout, so when the transcode processis not
running any more, the backend goes down.

#! /bin/sh
# Check to see if anyone is currently logged in. Return zero if not and 1 if so.
# Echoed text appears in log file. It can be removed and --quiet added to the
# grep command once you are satisfied that mythTV is working properly
if
  last | grep "still logged in"
    then
      echo Someone is still logged in! Don\'t shut down!
      exit 1
elif /sbin/checkproc /usr/bin/mythtranscode
    then
      echo "Mythtranscode luft noch!"
      exit 1
elif /bin/ping -c 3 pc1 || /bin/ping -c 3 pc2
    then
      echo "Wohl noch nfs exporte."
      exit 1
else
      echo Noone is logged in, ok to shut down.
      exit 0
fi