[mythtv-users] Problems Activating vdpau in .24-fixes configure

Eric Friedrich eric.friedrich84 at gmail.com
Mon Nov 14 20:35:51 UTC 2011

Hi-
  I'm currently running with NVIDIA driver version 280.13 and Ubuntu
10.04. I recently upgraded from 195 after installing a new video card.
I didn't have to upgrade my myth frontend for vdpau to work with the
new nvidia driver.

I'm now trying to compile myth from source in order to use the Ceton
InfiniTV patches, but running into configure issues. Specifically,
vdpau support is not being detected.

./configure --enable-proc-opt --enable-vdpau
and see this
# Video Output Support
x11 support               yes
xrandr support            no
xv support                no
XvMC support              no
XvMC VLD support          no
VDPAU support             no

I've confirmed I have the two necessary headers:
~/mythtv/mythtv/mythtv$ ls /usr/include/vdpau/
vdpau.h  vdpau_x11.h

I have also ensured that I have the libvdpau and libvdpau-dev packages
installed.

I'm looking for advice on how I might get VDPAU enabled.

Thanks,
Eric