[mythtv-users] Excessive RingBuf Messages in mythbackend.log

Bill Meek keemllib at gmail.com
Wed Nov 9 17:28:50 UTC 2011

On 11/09/2011 10:20 AM, Jacob Strandlien wrote:
> Hello!
>
> I'm using Mythtv 0.24-fixes (latest build) on Ubuntu, and for the past
> few weeks, I've had a super-aggravating problem with my
> mythbackend.log.  Whenever I start MythTV, mythbackend.log will fill
> with gigabytes of RingBuf messages that I can't seem to turn off.

Hi;

Something is setting the file and extra flags. If you do a:
ps ax | grep mythbackend, you should see what flags were
passed at startup.

Do you have a file name like: /etc/default/mythtv-backend with a line
that looks like: EXTRA_ARGS="--verbose file,extra" thats overriding
your -v none attempt?

--
Bill