[mythtv-users] Gray Hauppauge Remote Info

Michael Papet mpapet at yahoo.com
Mon Nov 7 23:29:17 UTC 2011

--- On Mon, 11/7/11, Mark Lord <mythtv at rtr.ca> wrote:

> From: Mark Lord <mythtv at rtr.ca>
> Subject: Re: [mythtv-users] Gray Hauppauge Remote Info
> To: "Discussion about MythTV" <mythtv-users at mythtv.org>
> Cc: mpapet at yahoo.com
> Date: Monday, November 7, 2011, 2:57 PM
> On 11-11-03 04:24 PM, James Pifer
> wrote:
> ..
> > Like Nick said, I think they support both protocols. I
> have the light
> > gray remote you show, as well as the older model light
> gray remote, both
> > work.

I ordered something called a "USB Infrared Toy v2" which promises to process signals in the right format. About USD$20 with shipping.  Not much risk at that price.

I also ordered the complete HP MCE remote kit as a back up.

> Another option is to just stuff a PVR-250 card into the
> frontend,
> and use it just for the RC interface.  I've got a
> leftover if you need one.
Thanks for the offer! I wanted to do that, but I'm using an older case that only accepts low-profile cards with just a PCI slot (not PCI-E) available.  A couple of other problems with the rather old board/case combo not worth getting into.  Bottom line, I don't want to mess with it too much.