[mythtv-users] Specifying blaster script breaks TV viewing on PVR-150

Bob Shanteau rmshant at gmail.com
Mon Nov 7 20:16:18 UTC 2011

On 11/7/2011 11:50 AM, Raymond Wagner wrote:
> It sounds like whatever your script does, it is erroring out. If the
> channel change script returns an exit code anything but 0, it will
> assume tuning failed, and abort the recording.

Here is the change channel script I am using (it was created by MythDora):

#!/bin/bash
#STB channel changer created by mdconfig
PATH=/bin:/usr/bin:/usr/sbin
REMOTE=Hauppauge_350
for digit in $(echo $1 | sed -e 's/./& /g'); do
     irsend --device=/var/run/lirc/lircd SEND_ONCE $REMOTE $digit
     sleep 0.2
done
irsend --device=/var/run/lirc/lircd SEND_ONCE $REMOTE OK

I don't see a procedure to return an exit code. I also checked several
other scripts online and don't see that they return an exit code either.

Besides which, I fail to see TV even with an empty file for the script.
How can an empty file error out?

Bob Shanteau