[mythtv-users] Specifying blaster script breaks TV viewing on PVR-150

Bob Shanteau rmshant at gmail.com
Mon Nov 7 19:38:22 UTC 2011

I am trying to set up a Hauppauge PVR-150 connected to a Pace DC50X
settop box from Comcast. When I enter 3 in "Preset tuner to channel" on
the "Connect source to Input" page of MythTV setup along with the
filename for a channel changing script in "External change channel
command", I cannot view TV (I get a black screen with no error message).
Even if the file is empty, I still cannot view TV.

But if I leave the filename blank, I can view TV OK (but only on channel 3).

I am running MythDora 12.23 with all Fedora updates along with all
MythDora testing updates (meaning I'm actually running MythDora
0.24.1-2md12).

Some time ago I used to be able to view the settop box as long as the
channel changing script was completely commented out, but now entering
any filename at all breaks TV viewing. What's wrong?

Bob Shanteau