[mythtv-users] Backend upgrade question

Matthew Asplund mattasplund at gmail.com
Sun Nov 6 06:10:17 UTC 2011

I figured it out.  It was part hidden problem, part boneheadedness.  My
real problem was that when I rebooted my myth server, I forgot that I had
my recordings directories NFS mounted to my front ends, and I forgot to
reboot one of them, so it was locking up over a broken NFS mount.  At the
same time, I had some recordings that had been accidentally erased, but
were still in the database.  The weren't causing the problem, and had been
broken for a while, but I hadn't noticed.  I rebooted all of my front ends,
and everything works now, though I still have the broken recordings that I
need to delete.

Now I have the question of how to finish my upgrade.  I put in the kernel
with the PAE extensions, so I can see all 8 GB of memory.  I can still
upgrade to the 64 bit kernel, but that would require reinstalling
everything.  I'll probably seave it with the PAE kernel, install the
mythbuntu repos, and upgrade to 0.24.

Thanks to the community for the help.

Matt