[mythtv-users] mythtranscode creates a .tmp file instead of replacing the recording

Thomas Boehm mythtv-users at lists.boehmi.net
Sat Nov 5 21:45:55 UTC 2011

Hi list,

I'm just playing with a user script and want to run mythtranscode from
within the script before encoding. I'm using

/usr/bin/mythtranscode --chanid $3 --starttime $4 --mpeg2 --honorcutlist

The recording gets transcoded, but gets saved as .tmp file along with
the original. If I play the recording in the frontend now it seems that
it plays the transcoded file, but if I delete the original manually the
frontend will complain about the missing recording when I try to play it
again.

When I delete and "delete forever" the recording, it deletes the
original and all thumbnails, but leaves the .tmp file behind. When I
delete the .tmp file manually Myth still seems to play the (cut down)
transcoded version.

Is this the right behaviour or is it a bug? Seems very odd to me.

Thanks
Thomas