[mythtv-users] Hard Disk Prices -- What Happened?

match at ece.utah.edu match at ece.utah.edu
Fri Nov 4 20:53:24 UTC 2011

> But it's interesting to see how quickly supplies dried up. This
> wasn't caused by the loss of manufacturing, it was caused by
> speculative or panic buying.

Surely one factor, but I doubt it's the major factor.

Companies don't warehouse much anymore. They use "just-in-time"
supply chain methods. No materials come in unless they need them that
day, and finished product goes out immediately.

So, if the factory ceases production, availability of the product
that factory was making stops, like right now.