[mythtv-users] Occasional freezes on guide during LiveTV

Scott and Nicole Harris snharris99 at live.com
Fri Nov 4 12:11:15 UTC 2011

> Using 24-fixes.
>
> Noticed a couple of times in the last week or two that the guide will
> get stuck with the Loading... graphic when I use it during LiveTV.
> Can't exit or deal with it via the remote, which kinda hurts the WAF.
>
> Any reason this could be happening?

Guide's been pretty stable since the .21 days.  The only reasons I've seen for the guide to behave like you're describing are "Show Channel Icons" is enabled and paths for channel icons are defined, but the paths can't be read (invalid or permissions), or trying to use a playback profile that is too high for your machine's capabilities.  I'm sure there are others, but those are the two that immediately jump to mind.