[mythtv-users] What is inputlirc and how is it used

Gary gwgrover at windstream.net
Thu Nov 3 20:45:41 UTC 2011

> On 10/31/2011 11:03 AM, Robert McNamara wrote:
> > On Mon, Oct 31, 2011 at 7:56 AM, Gary wrote:
> >> Ok Gavin, I'll play your silly game---
> >>
> >> Re: [mythtv-users] What is inputlirc and how is it used?
> >>
> >> Now can you ubderstand the question?
> > He means he's looking for more verbosity on exactly what you want to
> > know about. You might be referring to lirc itself, to a particular
> > file in the mythtv source, to a class name, or any number of other
> > things to which this term could apply.
> >
> > So which is it? You're asking for input from people who know, it
> > doesn't hurt to expend just a tiny bit of energy giving some context.
> >

> And, with the info provided in your question, the /best/ answer is:
>
> http://lmgtfy.com/?q=inputlirc
>
> (and, in fact, it gives many /very/ good answers).
>
> Mike

Ok I'll  be more specific.

_/*I have inputlirc installed; it appears to work (using IRW)
so, why, when I enter a channel number from the keyboard. and mythtv
responds showing the guide entry for that channel,
but does not change to that channel???*/_

Also FYI  The first thing I tried was to search for "inputlirc" -- at
least the first page full returned did not even come close to providing
an answer.

The closest I came to finding anything useful was an entry in a ubuntu
man page referenced in an item returned from a search.

-