[mythtv-users] Multiple Lineups / Live TV Channel Change

Mike Perkins mikep at randomtraveller.org.uk
Thu Nov 3 17:19:55 UTC 2011

On 03/11/11 17:11, Kris B. wrote:

> The long part for me is channel scanning, and I do it for each input
> (don't know if it is necessary or not, but I figure I should). Takes
> about 5-8 minutes per input.

You shouldn't be wasting your time and effort doing this. Scanning is associated
with *sources* not tuners. You should only need to scan once per source, and
that's all.

Every tuner attached to the same source is going to receive the same channels,
right? So you only need to set up the frequency (multiplex, etc.) data once, and
it will be applied to all related tuners.

--

Mike Perkins