[mythtv-users] So: how *could* CBS solve the sports delayproblem?

Scott & Nicole Harris snharris99 at live.com
Wed Nov 2 11:28:15 UTC 2011

>All networks these days broadcast one digital HD channel and one or
>more digital SD channels.  Usually the secondary digital SD channel
>shows the weather or some crappy movie, etc.  When a sporting even
>overruns its allocated time slot, it should be moved to a secondary
>digital SD channel.  Normal programming can continue on the primary HD
>channel.  They would just have to ensure to keep the secondary channel
>schedule free in case they need to use it for this.  In fact mark that
>time as "NFL game overrun" so people can schedule it to be recorded.

Correction, "All AFFILIATES these days broadcast one HD channel and one SD
channel OVER THE AIR".  CBS themselves have absolutely zero control over
those secondary feeds.  The "weather or crappy movie" on my CBS affiliate is
actually the local CW affiliate.  Also, since some 90+% of viewers use cable
or satellite (i.e. not over the air), your "solution" is useless.  In fact,
I have 2 lineups on my Myth box, one for OTA, and one for the basic Cable
channels I can get because I have cable coming into the house for internet.
I only keep the OTA lineup because the majority of the OTA secondary feeds
are not available on cable.