[mythtv-users] CBS rant

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Tue Nov 1 16:45:58 UTC 2011

On 11/01/2011 10:49 AM, R KANNAN wrote:
> No offense to those engaged in this discussion.
>
>  I do not understand the purpose of this forum at all .I have asked
> some technical questions on Myth.I have gotten one or maybe two
> answering posts.  None of them unfortunately were helpful.

Does "helpful" mean, "the answer I wanted, rather than a truthful/useful
answer"?  Seems you've gotten answers to most of your questions...

http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/users/494392#494392 (EIT)
http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/users/493425#493425
(disable HPET emulation for RTC wakeup)
http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/users/493731#493731 (MythTV
expects exclusive use of tuners when mythbackend is running)

and here you gave yourself the answer ("Use Slim playback profile
group") - http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/users/479905#479905

> But this CBS rant seems to attract people out of wood work to post,

Well, I'm just participating in the CBS rant while I wait for your
support check to clear.  Once it does, I'll get right on answering your
questions.  ;)

Not to mention the fact that I'm still waiting to see your reply to my
"not helpful" response telling you to fix your crashed MySQL tables:
http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/users/487607#487607 .  When
you tell me why that didn't work, I'll help you make it work.  I don't
pre-emptively assume my answers fail to help--I actually wait for a
reply that says there's still a problem.  If I don't receive one, I
assume my reply was helpful.

Mike